Here are Peter's five top tips for photographing your pets!
1. Get down to the pet’s level: Nothing like getting on your hands and knees, or even your stomach for a bit of perspective!
2. Make some noise: Most pets love strange noises. It makes them look straight at you and you may get some very inquisitive expressions.
3. Don’t use treats: Yes! It may seem counterintuitive, but your pet will probably stare straight at the treat instead of the camera. Treats often make animals drool which is not a good look.
4. Think about light: Are you using flash, or natural light? Do you have the light source behind you, or behind the subject? Above you or to the side? The direction of the light will dramatically affect the photo.
5. The background: Take a moment to notice what is behind the subject. A considered background can potentially turn a good photo into a great photo!
Here's hoping you can aim for photos that capture the best of your furry friends like the ones here!